Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals

I don't set New Year's "Resolutions." I think the word isn't right. "Resolving" to do something, just doesn't seem committed enough. It's one step away from "deciding." I prefer to set "goals." Goals must be measurable. Goals should have a deadline. Goals should be attainable. Goals must be written down.

I've decided to post my goals on my blog so you can encourage me in my efforts. Here are my goals for the next 5 months:

1. Leave work at 4 pm. (I need to get better at leaving things undone.)
2. Read with Josh and Hailey every night.
3. Take a picture once a week. (I've taken very few photos since starting to work again.)
4. Set time aside for me once a month. (I used to be so good at this; I need this time for my own sanity.)

So if you see me around, ask me how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment